Fundamentals of Lighting: ExteriorsApril 10
At Syska Hennessy Group Inc., 1250 H Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington DC (walking distance from the Metro Center stop).
Organized by the Illuminating Engineering Society DC.
This course is ideal for those with minimal knowledge of lighting, as well as professionals who want a thorough overview of the basics of lighting.
• Describe the metrics for exterior lighting and the importance of illuminance and luminance and the role they play in visibility.
• Identify critical design considerations for exterior lighting including light trespass.
• Analyze safety considerations for exterior lighting.
• Compare key applications specific to exterior lighting, such as roadway, façade, pedestrian areas, parking facilities, and landscapes.
(2) IES CEU Credits + (2) AIA HSW-LUs. For questions, please email Sarah Richter – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration: Please RSVP to email@example.com C/O Sarah Richter. Cost: (Individual) $30 members, $45 non-members, $35 students (one night); $50 members, $80 non-members, $65 students (both nights). Cost Includes: Attendee Course Notes, Boxed Dinner Monday. Please mail checks to IES Treasurer Britnei Angle at: 1000 Potomac Street, NW, Suite 121, Washington DC 20007. If you prefer to pay by credit card via the square app for an additional 3% fee, please email Britnei Angle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundamentals of Lighting: Interiors is offered on April 3.