Fundamentals of Lighting: InteriorsApril 03
At Syska Hennessy Group Inc., 1250 H Street, NW, Suite 800, Washington DC (walking distance from the Metro Center stop).
Organized by the Illuminating Engineering Society DC.
This course is ideal for those with minimal knowledge of lighting, as well as professionals who want a thorough overview of the basics of lighting.
• Identify the importance of visual stimulation, contrast, space, for mental and social well-being, with lighting methods.
• Compare the interaction of surface finishes and lighting.
• Analyze methods for controlling glare to maintain visual comfort and safety.
• Apply the seven types of luminaire light distribution patterns.
(2) IES CEU Credits + (2) AIA HSW-LUs. For questions, please email Sarah Richter – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration: Please RSVP to email@example.com C/O Sarah Richter. Cost: (Individual) $30 members, $45 non-members, $35 students (one night); $50 members, $80 non-members, $65 students (both nights). Cost Includes: Attendee Course Notes, Boxed Dinner Monday. Please mail checks to IES Treasurer Britnei Angle at: 1000 Potomac Street, NW, Suite 121, Washington DC 20007. If you prefer to pay by credit card via the square app for an additional 3% fee, please email Britnei Angle at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundamentals of Lighting: Exteriors is offered on April 10.