JacobsARCHITECTURAL SPECIFICATION WRITER
Posted: March 15
Position Title: Architectural Specification Writer
Job Type: Full-Time (4-1/2 days per week)
Industry: Construction (A/E Design)
Minimum Education: CCS Certificate or Architect/Engineer Degree
Minimum Experience: 6 years writing specifications with A/E Firm or contractor/facilities manager
U. S. Citizenship: Required.
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Jacobs is seeking a talented professional specification writer to work with architect and engineer teams during design through construction document phases on public projects. As a fully integrated member of various project teams, the candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of diversified project experience, with at least 6 years of writing project specifications.
• Review architectural drawings to identify scope and content for specifications.
• Assist design teams in the selection of materials, products, finishes and installation methods commensurate with the needs of the project.
• Prepare written technical specifications using office masters, commercial specifications, and create specification sections using MasterSpec format in Microsoft Word and UFGS in SpecsIntact.
• Coordinate contents of the Project Manual.
• Access the requirements for a project and work with the Project Manager to determine the scope of work.
• Perform quality control review of drawings and specifications to provide feedback to project teams.
• Coordinate specifications with drawings; coordinate all Division sections throughout all disciplines.
• Be a resource professional to the project teams.
Must be a multi-tasker who has strong organizational and word processing skills, reliable, dedicated to accuracy and able to work and be flexible with the Architect and Engineering team. Experience in writing Division 01 Sections and Construction Administration experience is desirable. U.S. Citizenship required
Send resume to email@example.com.