Posted: January 11
We have an immediate need for two results-driven, passionate Architectural Interns to join our firm in the Arlington, Virginia office! This is a great opportunity to be long-term members of a design-forward firm, and an integral part of a project team; helping to influence and implement project designs for a variety of project types. The immediate project need may include short-term project-related travel.
RNL is a global, full-service, sustainable design firm offering architecture, interior design, planning, urban design, landscape architecture and lighting design services. We work in 8 primary market sectors; transit, commercial, civic, corporate interiors, urban design planning and landscape (UDLA), higher education, federal/military, and utilities/infrastructure.Founded in 1956, RNL is one of the nation’s leading design firms, and has been recognized for its outstanding work and projects with numerous design awards. We are also recognized among our peers as the nation’s #5 ranked transit design firm, one of the nation’s most sustainable design firms having designed and completed many LEED projects as well as the first Net Zero Energy Building of its kind. In addition, RNL is one of the few architecture and design firms to have achieved Certified B Corporation status, as a validation of our commitment to improving the quality of life of both our employees and the communities we serve. RNL has offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and Abu Dhabi.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
• A person who wants to make a difference
• Strong design sense
• Creative with a high level of Emotional Intelligence
• A motivator
• Personable / Collegial
• Strong Team Member
• Results-driven and Collaborative
• A person who can have fun and inspires others to have fun also
• Passion for client service and a high performance culture
• Ability to earn respect and trust of the employees and clients
• Conducts architectural assignments and design computations.
• Develops architectural design concepts as a member of a team.
• Performs specific and limited portions of assignments including code and material research.
• Consults manufactures for product information.
• Participates in successful implementation of the RNL Strategic Plan at the project level.
• Receives direct supervision by a registered architect.
• Develops design and presentation material and may lead or participate in design presentations
• Prepares Building Information Models.
• Works from designs of others.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited university
• 2 to 4 years’ experience in a professional atmosphere
• Proficient in Revit, Sketchup, and Adobe products.
• Good knowledge of sustainable design practices and strong design sense.
• Prefer LEED certification
RNL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a professional and collegial culture. RNL employees are passionate about what they do and that translates to a culture of high performance and superior client service. We are an Employee owned company that has had an ESOP in place for 30 years.
RNL Design is an EEO/AA Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application and hiring process. If you require reasonable accommodation, please contact RNL at 303-295-1717. RNL participates in E-Verify.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter (indicate salary requirements) and portfolio of experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite all applicants to complete and submit with their resume the three Affirmative Action forms found on our website. To learn more about the firm, visit www.rnldesign.com. Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. Position will remain open until filled.