RNLProject Architect 2
Posted: January 11
We have an immediate need for a results-driven, passionate Project Architect 2 to join our firm in our Arlington, Virginia office! This is a great opportunity that can lead to a project leadership position.
RNL is a global, full-service, sustainable design firm offering architecture, interior design, planning, urban design, landscape architecture and lighting design services. Founded in 1956, RNL is one of the nation’s leading design firms, and has been recognized for its outstanding interior design with numerous design awards. Our corporate projects span many sectors including work for fortune 500 companies, professional services, financial institutions, technology companies, and law firms. We are also recognized among our peers as the nation’s #5 ranked transit design firm, and one of the most sustainable design firms having designed and completed many LEED projects as well as the first Net Zero Energy Building of its kind. RNL has offices in Denver, Los Angeles, Washington DC, and Abu Dhabi.
Desirable Personal Attributes:
• A person who wants to make a difference
• Results oriented
• Strong design sense
• Ability to solve technical issues with in context of overall project design
• A Motivator
• Proven Leader/Team Builder/Mentor
• A person who can have fun and inspires others to have fun also
• High level of emotional intelligence
• Passion for client service and a high-performance culture
• Ability to earn respect and trust of the employees and clients
• Makes decisions on professional design issues and methods
• Executes overall project objectives, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters including quality control
• Plans, directs, and supervises aspects of reports for design or construction projects
• Responsible for implementing BIM approaches, specifications, and technical solutions
• Develops new or improved techniques and procedures
• Responsible for coordination of design with code and regulatory requirements
• Directs, manages, coordinates, and reviews work product and deliverables for client projects
• Usually is responsible for directing project staff on solving technical issues
• Overseeing successful implementation of Strategic Plan at project level
• Mentoring less experienced staff
• Graphic presentation and effective visual / verbal communication skills
• Proficient understanding of relationships among design / engineering disciplines, clients, and contractors
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree related to Architecture from an accredited university
• Licensed Architect in state of Virginia
• 6-10 years’ experience in a professional atmosphere
• Substantial knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents
• Proven previous relevant experience
• Demonstrated use of advanced professional techniques, concepts, procedures, and judgment on client assignments
• Working knowledge of Building Information Models (BIM) activities and processes
• Proficient in Revit
• Good knowledge of sustainable design practices and good design sense
• LEED AP Accreditation encouraged
• Experience in graphics/ rendering software (Sketchup, Adobe, 3D Max, etc…) preferred
RNL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as a professional and collegial culture. RNL employees are passionate about what they do and that translates to a culture of high performance and superior client service. We are an Employee owned company that has had an ESOP in place for 30 years.
RNL Design is an EEO/AA Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity, and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application and hiring process. If you require reasonable accommodation, please contact RNL at 303-295-1717. RNL participates in E-Verify.
To apply, submit a resume, cover letter (indicate salary requirements) and portfolio of experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite all applicants to complete and submit with their resume the three Affirmative Action forms found on our website. To learn more about the firm, visit www.rnldesign.com. Salary Range: Commensurate with experience. Position will remain open until filled.