Posted: January 11
Intermediate Architect / Designer
The Intermediate Architect / Designer has a minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in an architecture or design/build firm. Residential design experience is required; remodeling experience and design/build experience are essential. Architecture licensing is a plus. He or she is accountable for working with the Director of Design on the design, permitting, and construction of projects in the BOWA classic design/build process.
Job duties may include but are not limited to performing project tasks such as schematic design, design development, and the production of permit and construction documents.
The Architect / Designer will work closely with the DDA to design, detail, and produce the necessary documents and drawings necessary for projects to be executed. The role will also require work with other designers and with clients on a project-by-project basis.
Key attributes are:
• Undergraduate degree in Architecture required, B.Arch or M.Arch preferred
• Architect / Designer reports to the Director of Design / Architecture
• Excels at residential design and remodeling design
• Experienced and creative problem solver
• Capable of guiding a design project to produce successful solutions by acting as an advocate for the client
• Able to direct and oversee Junior Designers, outside consultants and others as part of the design process
• Work with DDA and other Architect / Designers to create as-built drawings, schematic design drawings, design development drawings, permit drawings, and construction documents.
o CAD drawings or hand drawings as necessary.
o Understanding of local zoning laws, environmental factors and structural issues relevant to projects
• Cabinet drawings, layouts – provide or review as required
• Responsible for selections work as required by project, including designing to a budget.
o Research latest design trends (materials, finishes, fixtures, appliances, etc.)
o Work with client, including showroom visits, providing samples, etc.
• Participate in client meetings as required.
• Computer proficiencies
o Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) o Graphic Design Capabilities (Adobe Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
o 3D Capabilities (Sketchup or similar)
Send resumes to bobbyh@BOWA.com.