StantecProject Architect - Education
Posted: January 7
We could design buildings just because we can, but we’d rather create places that inspire. Through our Architecture and Interior Design work, we challenge design ideas of the past to create spaces that foster a culture of collaboration—spaces that are designed for community.
We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space—good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Our Reston and Georgetown offices are co-locating to an exciting new office space in Clarendon, VA in the Spring of 2017. We are continuing to grow and looking for a Project Manager to join our team of creative professionals.
• Assist in preparation of project budget, schedule and overall work planning.
• Utilize Revit in development of three dimensional models of buildings and their components.
• Prepare documentation in various architectural phases including site plans, floor plans, building elevations, building sections, details.
• Interpret and apply building codes, energy codes, and requirements of regulatory agencies.
• Assure permit requirements for local jurisdiction building permit sets are achieved.
• Coordinate building systems (structural, mechanical, electrical, etc.) and associated documentation including clash detection within the BIM model.
• Coordinate with and direct external consultants including evaluation of quality and progress of work.
• Execute building design using sustainable design principles.
• Lead project coordination and site meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor and sub-contractors.
• Participate in client project meetings.
• Participate in value analysis, constructability reviews and basic cost estimating.
• Recommend and assist in the selection of building systems and materials.
• Be responsible for the accuracy of and assist in the preparation of specifications.
• Participate in bidding and negotiation and preparation of addenda.
• Conduct quality assurance and quality control on own projects.
• Proactively inform the construction process in maintaining quality standards and adherence to the contract documents.
• Review shop drawings and submittals, respond to RFIs, prepare site observation reports, and other construction administration tasks.
• Coordinate the efforts of the production team to ensure that work conforms to project budget, schedule, and overall work planning.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
• 5 to 15 years of experience
• Professionally accredited degree in Architecture or equivalent in support of architectural license required.
• Architectural license is required; ability to meet NCARB requirements for licensure in other states required.
• LEED Green Associate Accreditation or LEED AP preferred.
• Architectural experience in educational facilities is strongly preferred.
• Ability to hand sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively.
• Strong technical competence. Ability to faithfully execute and support design ideas through well-conceived, constructible, and coordinated detailing.
• Ability to apply accessibility codes, applicable building codes, and life-safety codes to a wide variety of project scopes and complexity.
• Proficient in use of Revit.
• Design-focused, team player, flexible, responsible, organized, rigorous thinker, committed to high quality, personable with strong communication skills. Open minded and curious.
Please email Matt (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested.