Architecture LabElma Hajric Willcoxon, Associate AIA, AIA Northern Virginia Chair
Architecture in the Schools Spring 2017 Calendar:
January 28 - AIS Introductory Meeting
February 20 - AIS Classes Begin
Week of April 10 - AIA Classes End
May - Make-up Days
May 12 - Exhibition
- Architecture in the Schools – Eight week Fall and Spring semester program that matches volunteer architects to Elementary and High School Classrooms. It is a program that has roots and connections with AIS of WAF. Learn more here.
- Monthly Weekend Programs – Immersion into architecture. Studio lab that promotes hands-on learning through drawing and model making. It is a 3 hour program, offered one weekend in the spring. It introduces students to the nature of Architecture College Studio. For students considering Architecture Colleges.
- School Visits – Career Day presentations. To have an architect attend Career Day at your school, apply here.
- Shadow an Architect – connecting prospective Architecture Students to the firms in the area. For Students considering Architecture Profession request office visit here.
- Walking Tours – walking tour and scavenger hunt of Old Town for K-3rd Grade students. The 2016 scavenger hunt will be held on April 16. To participate with your child, register here.
- Summmer School – Being Established
Architecture Lab mission is:
- To provide educational support programs to elementary and high school facilities within the Northern Virginia community;
- To teach children analytical, critical thinking and creative skills through architectural design; and
- To foster communication with the community schools and promote architecture profession.